November 16, 2012

Project December....confetti list pocket

Folks, this is like a Christmas miracle because I never post this many days in a row!  I've got lots to show you before December hits.....then I'm taking a break and am going to enjoy the holiday.  Except I'll still be doing updates on my Project December progress, just not a post every day.  :)

Today's project is probably one of my favorites ever.  It's just fun and vintage-y and crafty...and me.  I'm really trying to embrace my holiday projects and just create for me.  I keep that in mind each time I sit down to craft something.  There's a lot of holiday projects happening out there right now and it could be easy to get caught up in the hoopla.  So I'm just doing what works best for me and I'm trying to add a little something unique to my work.  I'm sharing with you guys because it's fun and I like to have you come visit my little blog and maybe take away a spark of an idea for your own projects.  I'm not trying to post the most pages or win any awards.  I'm just creating for me and am really looking forward to spending the holidays with my family.....and then documenting it with stories + photos.  And that's good enough for me.  I hope you embrace those thoughts as you create your own projects this holiday season.  

Now enough mushy stuff and onto my favorite project.  Here's the product line up: Crate Paper list patterned paper....one of my favorite papers this holiday season cuz you know I love the lists....October Afternoon Make it Merry patterned paper, tags from my shop, tin pins from OA Make it Merry, clear cardstock sheet, vintage paper doilies, vintage sequins.   
What I envisioned for today's project was a pocket to hold various lists that I'll be making throughout this holiday season.  I sat down and made a list...see, told ya...love the lists.....of fun inserts and the things I wanted them to contain.  The list pocket came to life.  I started out by cutting the list patterned paper into an 8.5 x 11 piece.  I used one of my manila tags and ran it through my typewriter.  I then stitched the tag to my page leaving the strings loose.  I stapled on one of my precious vintage sequins than added a red dot thingy....what are those called again?  By My Mind's Eye...enamel dots?  Anyway, the tags make very simple work and I love the office supply look, especially paired with the ledger pattern.
It's getting good now.  I took the clear cardstock sheet and trimmed it down to form a clear pocket front.  Probably 4 or 5".  I trimmed down some Make it Merry patterned paper + the bottom part that is the manufacturing information (make it merry, make a list) + a vintage doily cut in half.  I stitched this all to my clear cardstock with red thread.  Again, the red thread will be a signature look for all of my holiday projects this season.
Next up I took some vintage sequins....very hard to tear into the little packages, I must say....and mixed up a batch of holiday confetti.  I used some foam stars, punched starts, glitter and fake snow stuff.  Holiday confetti soup.
Eeeeee, look at this.  I stitched my clear piece to the front of my ledger sheet.  I then dumped in some of my holiday confetti soup.  I added a Make it Merry tin pin for good measure.  When it's time to add a list torn from a grocery list or one that was wadded in my purse from a day of shopping....I'll tuck them in the pocket.  The confetti will peek out here and there.
My entire pocket piece will fit into an 8.5 x 11 sheet protector which will fit right into my Project Life album for 2012.  The back side has patterned paper so I can add more photos and stories there.  This page insert will most likely be layered in between my 12 x 12 regular Project Life pages with a few other inserts.  I'm thinking I'll have a few inserts for each week.  Oh how I love this.  Those vintage doilies were the best find EVER! So glad I didn't have to take my sister down for those.  Cuz I would have in a heart beat.
Okay, another fun page for the Project December book.  So glad you joined me today.

If you like the look of the vintage confetti, I have added a few Holiday Sequins and Snow Confetti Kits to the shop.  You just toss as much from each little sack together as you'd like to create your own holiday confetti soup.  You can put some in the little clear sacks or glassine bags then stitch to the tags or bags, layer, use on cards or pages...whatever your heart desires.  Enjoy!
I'm off to do a little catch up on my Project Life weeks.  Would really love to be all caught up by the time December rolls around.  We'll see...

13 comments:

crschaf said...

Thanks so much for sharing all this fun this week!LOVE this pocket idea for lists and even receipts from Christmas gifts. Also ooking forward to making one of your Holiday notebooks this weekend-maybe with a sequin/confetti pocket on the front!!!

crschaf said...

Thanks so much for sharing all this fun this week!LOVE this pocket idea for lists and even receipts from Christmas gifts. Also ooking forward to making one of your Holiday notebooks this weekend-maybe with a sequin/confetti pocket on the front!!!

Kristy Hansen said...

Love all that gathering of "stash" before you got started. The vintage draws me in for sure. Love how the pocket came together for you.

kbhistory said...

LOVE IT!!! I have so enjoyed your posts this week - will miss them next week - I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family! This week I have poured a cup of tea, opened up your blogs and enjoyed a little quiet time with your inspirations and some cozy tea!!! A perfect combination!! :) Thank you again!
-Kristin B.

Anonymous said...

Such a cute idea. Love the remark about taking your sister down. Lol! You must have so much fun together.

lisa westphal said...

Schhheeeesh!! This is *off.the.chart.*Michelle!! :) LOVE it!! You are going to have THE BEST kept memories ev.er!! <3

rhonda nickol said...

I really love your confetti pocket!I love any and everything vintage/and antiquing, I have some old Hallmark Christmas Coasters with Santa Claus on them and am using one in my Dec Daily this year. I would love to find those paper doilies with Santa on them.

Yvonne..... said...

I know it's been a lot of work posting each day but I wanted you to know that I have really enjoyed each idea, inspiration, etc. Thank you!!!! I need to catch up on PL too but it'll be worth it to get to dive in with all the holiday fun. Love the confetti page and I will definitely be doing something similar in my Dec portion of PL. Thanks again for your wonderful posts. Please don't stay gone for too long this holiday season!!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

SO FUN!!! I have to pin this so I can remember it for my own December Mini!!

Unknown said...

First of all, thank you so much for posting about OA being at 2 Peas. I immediately went over after I read it on the day you made that post and ordered the Christmas line of products. Will go back in a couple of weeks and order the Farm Girl line (as a Christmas gift for myself). I have been loving ALL these posts!! I have been making notes and it certainly is helping me stay focused on my Christmas projects. I am sad you will not be posting as often, but I cetainly understand why. I will be excited to see your December Daily posts!! My tree will go up the day after Thanksgiving so the pictures will begin soon!

Dana Kirby said...

Thanks for all the great posts this week! I have enjoyed each and every one! Thanks for the inspiration.
Happy Thanksgving!

Carol W. said...

Super fun page! Love the confetti pocket, wonderful inspiration. Thank you for sharing.

Dana Klinkner said...

Love, love, LOVE the confetti list pocket! It's so stinkin' adorable & yet practical and holiday-ee and crafty all at the same time - love it! Thanks for sharing the inspiration! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails