May 28, 2012

Summer Bookmarks

Today I have a few bookmarks to show you that I created for Jordan and her friends. My girls aren't heavy readers so I try to coax them along with fun things like gift cards and bookmarks any time I can.

To create my bookmarks I used pieces from the Lemon, Lime & Aqua Embellishing Kit. It's packed full of paper goodies with hints of lime green, aqua, and yellow. From the kit I'm using library cards, metal rim tags, the small Ziploc bags with my homemade snow confetti, doilies and the carnival tickets. I started by punching holes in the bookmarks using my confetti punch. I adhered a strip of My Mind's Eye patterned paper to the bottom.
I then added a strip of striped Washi tape along the side. I filled the tiny Ziploc bags with snow confetti and snipped the tops off. I used double sided tape to adhere the sacks to the bookmarks.
I finished up the bookmarks with little layers of stamped carnival tickets, stamped Jenni Bowlin tab punches, more chevron My Mind's Eye paper, pieces of the paper doilies and a little more Metallic Silver Washi Tape. I love using the silver Washi along with the Metallic Gold & White Airmail Washi paired with any other colors. The slight metallic finish is very pretty. I've been using them with all my other Washi colors lately.
As a finishing touch I punched a circle of MME paper and added an initial sticker letter for each recipient. I stapled these to the bookmarks. The stamps I used are the retired Epic stamp set and the Adventure stamp (sold out right now, I believe) set from Studio Calico.
I'm thinking on our next road trip with all of Jordan's friends I'll hand out the book marks and perhaps we can make a stop at the bookstore. Hope you enjoy.

My online garage sale:
I'm clearing out a few things from my studio. I have these Copic Storage Wallets still left + a huge stack of 12 x 12 cardstock + a bunch of Stampin' Up ! stamps (recently reduced prices) + a few Lockhart stamp lots (also recently reduced in price). Would love to clear these out so I don't have to haul them to my real life garage sale coming up soon. :)

Project Life updates:
I'm getting caught up slowly which is huge for me! It was this time last year that I started getting behind. 17 weeks behind. I'm about 2 weeks behind right now so I'm very happy to get caught up. I'll be posting updates this week.

Traditional scrapbook pages:
I have lots of insert pages that I'd like to add to my Project Life albums. Creating some traditional scrapbooked pages is high on my list for this summer. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Other Summer projects:
We have a very busy June coming up but I'm hoping to get a lot more projects up here on the blog. I have some very neglected stamp sets sitting here that I'd love to make some cards with.
New in the shop:
Coming soon I'll have some brand new styles of Washi tape. I'm hoping to add a new line of product by mid-Summer also. And coming very soon I'll have a new mini album kit coming up. It's my favorite so far and will feature some of my favorite papers from Studio Calico. I'm just waiting on a few more items to arrive before it goes up in the shop. Also if you haven't seen the White Woodgrain Cardstock that's new in the shop, be sure to zoom in on the photos. The impression quality of the woodgrain is so detailed and beautiful. I have a tutorial coming up soon using it soon.

Okay, that's it for now. I'll be back soon. :)

1 comment:

Winnie said...

Love your bookmarks! I love old library cards! When I was married I used them for the seating cards. I framed a picture of a favorite or special book of ours on each table and made library cards for each guest with a bookmark to take home. The frames books were given to people at each table. One woman was the author of one of them so she was excited..

Related Posts with Thumbnails