April 2, 2012

Snow Confetti Tag & Bookmark...

Edit: Studio Calici set used was Epic. No longer available at the shop.

Hi everyone, are you back at it today? Last week I had a limited supply of Lemon-Lime Love kits available in my shop. The kits were jam packed full of fun paper crafting items to create fun tags, cards and/or gift wrap. This week I have a couple posts planned to share a few fun items I made from the kit, all using some glittery snow confetti that was included. If you weren't able to purchase a kit, many of the supply items are available in the shop. I'll link those up for you as I go.

Today's projects are a big tag and a fun bookmark. Very mixy matchy with lots of colors. The patterned papers I used on today's projects were not included in the kits so it's very easy to just select your own style of papers that can be added to the basic supplies.
First up is an embellished tag which would be perfect to tie to a gift sack, wrapped package, a book, etc. The bag tag is an XL Manila Tag which was splattered with Mister Huey's spray mist. I then stitched on a Dainty Doily using orange thread. I used a tiny plastic bag to hold a little of the snow confetti and adhered it under a border die cut strip.
Using a White Garment Tag as a base, I added a messy bundle of thread, a small punched shape and a Studio Calico wood veneer asterisk. This was stapled to my large tag using my Tiny Attacher. Yellow baker's twine was tied around the tag for extra dimension. I used Studio Calico Epic stamps on the base of my tag in bright colors.
Next up is a bookmark that is so perfect for all the book lovers on your list. Wrap a few books in simple Kraft paper or newspaper and tie on one of these bookmarks and you are a gift wrapping genius. All my book reading friends just go nuts over these. The base of the bookmark is a Library Card that was punched with a Swiss cheese punch then backed with patterned paper. I also have a some Bookmark Kits that come with some extra products if you want some extras.
I stitched on several fun patterned papers to the front of the Library card, tucking a snippet of a Dainty Doily under one layer. The papers I used today from Pink Paislee's Prairie Hill collection, a new fave! Another small bag of the snow confetti was adhered under the top patterned paper strip before stitching. I finished off the bookmark with a Jenni Bowlin tab punch & plastic flower + some more stamping from the Studio Calico Epic set.
These were SO MUCH FUN to make, I just had a ball adding all the little layers. And the snow confetti adds a fun shimmer to both projects. For some additional packaging ideas, add a tag or bookmark to a Kraft Sack or Vertical Stripe Sack. The tags and bookmarks will also fit into my Medium Glassine Sacks. You can easily slip in a candy bar or gift card, etc. I also have a Simple Sack Gift Packaging Kit or my Confetti Gift Sack Kits that you could use for fun packaging along with the tag or bookmark. I'm thinking both of these would be great additions for graduation gifts that Jordan will be giving out to her friends in May. Mother's Day is coming up too and I know our mothers will be getting a really dolled up tag with their gift. One more idea....package up a bunch of the supplies and gift them to a crafty friend. Have one sample made up and then let them know how they can create their own tags and bookmarks to have on hand for upcoming gift ideas. Have fun!

Stay tuned because I will be back this week with some fun gift sack ideas using the Lemon-Lime kit and more shop items + more snow confetti. Plus I'll have a Project Life update to share too.

2 comments:

Sheryl Berglund said...

LOVE your projects today..........but, when do I not love them! LOL! Just wondering....is "The rest of the story" stamp from Studio Calico? If so, do you know which set? Thanks for sharing!

Karey said...

We all missed out by not getting your bundle. Sure would like picking up some of your remade items again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails