November 14, 2011

Papertrey November Release Projects..

Hey there! The Papertrey team will now be featuring any remaining projects that haven't been seen yet by release time before all the products go up in the shop on release night. Hopefully this will help you get even more creative ideas before you shop.

I've got a handful of projects to show you that feature some great new stamps and products being released this month. First up is a set of winter themed cards using Pine's Winter Penguin stamp set + dies, along with her Peace Be Still Impression Plate.
I love to send cards out after the holidays. Whether it be for thank you cards or just a pick-me-up type card during those long winter months, winter themed cards are just the ticket. I paired my goodies up with October Afternoon patterned papers, Fresh Snow PTI ribbon and a small tag from my shop for the sentiment.
Next up is a birthday card created with Pine's Tag-its #10 stamp set and the Block Alphabet dies by Nichole. The circular tag uses the Tag-its #10...and the larger *happy birthday* sentiment is from Pine's Birthday By the Numbers stamp set.
For the base of my card I used a fun new collection of goodies from My Mind's Eye called Kraft Funday Everyday. I stitched along the printed banners and then added a snippet of the cutest little circle garland from the collection. The die cut *happy* letters nestle right in between some stitching.
I went bright and cheery with this card that showcases Nichole's new Stitches & Swirls stamp set. I stamped and colored the floral images on the top of a button card from Button Boutique and along the bottom of my card. There are lots of mix and match flower combinations in this set. Some large, some small....a very homespun looking set that I just love. The patterned papers are from Basic Grey's Picadilly 6 x 6 paper pad. Ribbon is Fine Linen.
On the button card, I topped the pinked square with lots of tied Vintage Buttons + I added the word *hi* to the button card using the Block Alphabet dies. The die comes in one solid sheet with the letters held together with wire thin metal. You can opt to leave the die as one large piece or cut the letters apart with wire snips. Right now I'm leaving all the letters in tact. I cut small scraps of paper that fit over the letters and then run the entire die through my Cuttlebug.
Last but not least is a sympathy card created with Beth's Willow stamp set and coordinating dies. I used the new Cover Plate: Quatrefoil die to create a mask for some light misting. Simply use the die to cut a cardstock mask, lay that over your card front, then mist lightly. I love the soft look without adding a lot of layers. I finished the card off with a simple button tied with brown baker's twine and a strip of lace from my vintage collection.
I hope you enjoy my projects! Be sure to check the rest of the Design Team's creations + Nichole's post tonight too.

16 comments:

Kim G said...

I missed seeing what you had made on the Group Posts this time, but glad you are all able to post early so we can see all the cards!! Love them!! Congratulation on being named to the Project Life team and LOVE YOUR PHOTO with the Project Life journal cards!!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Everything is beautiful Mish!! I love how you used the impression plate for just a little detail piece on your first card - so simple, but it adds so much!!

Kristy Hansen said...

love the cards....I just bought the new MME paper...love it....thank you for sharing these ideas....I want the letter die cuts so bad.

jan metcalf said...

My fav is the kraft birthday card!! Awesome card, and for the men in our lives this would be perfect!

Beth said...

CRAP! Now I really need the quatro foil! Love what you did with Willow! Simple and stunning! Love all the projects really!

Kim H. said...

So glad you are posting before the release! I love seeing your creations! Loved all of the cards. But the penguin is my fav. SO cute!!!!

Flor said...

I absolutely love all your cards and projects. I need to get all those stamp sets and dies!

Kathy McDonald said...

Beautiful cards, Mish! I loved every single one.

Kathy McDonald

conil said...

Each one is a treasure. thanks for sharing

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Your designs always make me smile! I love how you incorporate patterned paper and your layouts. The birthday banner card is amazing!

jintyoo7 said...

Pretty pretty! Love the kraft project!

Diana F. said...

So excited to see your PTI creations, they always make me want to buy everything in the release.

Anonymous said...

Such lovely cards Mish! And congratulations on being named a member of the Project Life team. Becky made a wise choice picking you - I have loved seeing all your PL pages this year.

Jo R.
(Australia)

Jill Norwood said...

Mish - your cards are stunning! I am thinking of trying to make a December Daily for the first time. Your posts are sooooo helpful!!! I just love your style!

matka wariatka i domowa edukacja said...

wooooow so cute

i found you in 10 best cardmaking blogs and no suprise why!!

have a look on my blog im new to all of that :P
http://handmadebyagadka.blogspot.com/

WinterBerry Glen said...

so glad to see your work again! I love the style that you bring to all the PTI release products and love following your blog. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails